Dr inż. Dominik Sebastian Koszelewski
Date and place of birth:
9 January 1979 (Warsaw, Poland)
Place of employment:
- Institute of Organic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
01-224 Warsaw, Poland
Member of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Organic Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences
Academic and Research Career:
- Assistant - Institute of Organic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw,
Research area: organic synthesis, two-photon absorption, optical limiters, elaboration and synthesis of fluorescence dyes for enzymes activity detection, synthesis of compounds exhibit proton transfer, biotechnological approach to the synthesis of important drug intermediates, laboratory management, tender documents preparing
- PostDoc - Research Centre Applied Biocatalysis c/o Department of Chemistry, Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry, University of Graz. Group of prof. dr. Wolfgang Kroutil and prof. dr. Kurt Faber. 2008-2010
- Research area: stereocontrolled organic synthesis, enzymatic catalysis (transaminases, reductases, carboxylases), identification and characterization of potential biocatalysts, enzymes isolation, purification and immobilization, chemoenzymatic synthesis, up scaling of the biocatalytic reactions, plasmid transformation into E. coli TOP 10 cells for amplification, plasmid transformation into E. coli BL21 (DE3) cells for expression, fermentation of cells to produce recombinant enzymes.
- BASF - International Summer Course at BASF Ludwigshafen-Germany. 2009
- Assistant - Institute of Organic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw 2007
- Doctoral studies - Institute of Organic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw. Dissertation title: “Studies on application of native and immobilized enzymes in the synthesis of peptidomimetics”. Advisor: Professor Ryszard Ostaszewski. Degree obtained: Ph.D in Chemistry. Two reviews with distinction. 2003-2007
Research area: stereocontrolled organic synthesis, enzymatic catalysis (hydrolases, lipases, esterases, Lowastatine hydrolase), enzymes isolation, purification and immobilization, multicomponent reactions (MCR), chemoenzymatic synthesis of heterocyclic compound (isoquinolines, isoquinolinones, diketopiperazines, Combretastatin and Colchicine analogues, tubuline polymerisation inhibitors – published results), peptidomimetics, solid support synthesis, spectroscopic methods in product characterizations (NMR, MS spectroscopy).
- Undergraduate and Graduate studies – Warsaw University of Technology, Department of Chemistry Institute of Technology of Drugs Thesis title: “Enzymatic desymmetrization of 3-arylglutaric acid anhydrides” Degree obtained: Master of Science in Chemistry, Engineer, Specialization: Fine Chemical Synthesis. 1998-2003
Key achievements: Excellent grade for the final thesis research.
He published 39 papers [including Angew. Chem. IF (2014) = 11.2, Adv. Synth. Catal. IF (2014) = 5.6, Org. Lett. IF (2014) = 6.3, Chem. Commun. IF (2014) = 6.83]. hi index according to google scholar 17. More than 1000 citations
Grela, K. Organometallics 2007, 26, 1096-1099.
Kroutil, W. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2012, 354, 3409 – 3413.
Research experience and international scientific cooperation:
- From 2015 Leader assistant of the international “Harmonia” project. Scientific cooperation with prof. Peter Walde, ETH Zurich, Switzerland and Wolfgang Kroutil, Graz University, Austria
Silver award for Statines synthesis on the Targi Przemysłu Chemicznego EXPOCHEM 2011
Koszelewski D.; Lavandera I.; Clay D.; Guebitz G. M.; Rozzell D.; Kroutil W., “Formal Asymmetric Biocatalytic Reductive Amination” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 9337-9340. Thieme Publishers, Synfacts 2009, 1, 0093-0093. “The SYNFACTS of The Month”. Article cited in Science 16 July 2010: 305-309.
Formal Asymmetric Biocatalytic Reductive Amination, Biotrans, July 5-9, 2009, Berno, Szwajcaria. Poster award.
Biotransformations for pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry” Warsaw (Poland) 2014. Poster award.
Students advised (subsidiary thesis supervisor)
Former Ph.D. - students:
Dr. Anna Żądło (2016).
Work in the organizing committees:
Main organizer of the conference “Biotransformations for pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry” Warsaw (Poland) 2014.
Main organizer of the conference “Biotransformations 2016” Warsaw (Poland) 30th of June 2016.
Patents and patent pending’s
(WO/2009/067032) Lovastatin esterase enzyme immobilized on solid support, process for enzyme immobilization, use of immobilized enzyme, biocatalytic flow reactor and process for preparation and/or purification of simvastatin, 2009.
(WO/2009/067031) ( WO2009/67031 A1) Method for detection and/or assay of lovastatin esterase with use of fluorogenic/chromogenic reagent, lovastatin esterase isolated and/or purified by this method, assembly for detection and/or assay and use of fluorogenic/chromogenic reagent for detection and/or assay of lovastatin esterase, 2009.
Formal enzymatic reductive amination of ketones using ammonia as nitrogen donor” – AZ 968/2008, 17.6.2008.
Verfahren zur Herstellung von Aminen. (Enzymatic Biosynthesis of Amines). D. Koszelewski, I. Lavandera, and W. Kroutil. Application date and number: 17-June- 2008, AT 507 050 A1. Applicant and priority country: Research Centre Applied Biocatalysis, Austria.
English: Spoken – very good Written – very good
German: Good - both spoken and written